Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In honour of a little more sunshine every day from here on out


I'd like to share my new favourite room in my home. Our nursery! Even though it might be an incredibly long time before we get our match, we decided to go ahead and put it together so that we could include pictures of it in our profile. We decided that if we were in the position of having to give up a child, we'd feel better knowing where he or she would sleep. We wanted to give that same sense of comfort to any potential birth mother who considers choosing us.


The entire room is based on this mobile, which I'm completely in love with. It's just so freaking cute.


Ta-da!


I made this!

We went with the Gulliver crib from Ikea. It had great reviews, and doesn't take up too much room (so more space for playing!). And it's not too tall, so it won't be so difficult to reach over and pick up the baby. Also, it converts to a daybed later. Score!

Now we just need someone to put in it...

Adorable quilt. Yes, adorable. No, it won't stay there when the baby comes (as per Ontario's adoption safety guidelines) but I couldn't pass it up for when the baby's older.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful nursery. I can't wait till you're a mom and I love traveling this road with you. No one else I'd rather walk with, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :smit:

    It's such a beautiful room and will soon be filled with a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete